When you communicate with your customers it can help you if you communicate widely too attract your target. You may be familiar with the advice to grow wildflower meadows to attract pollinators/ bees to your garden, hence my choice of image for this mantra, a wildflower meadow. In the same way that wildflower meadows can be used to attract bees, there are tactics which you can use to attract customers for your product or service. Here’s my checklist.
9 tips to help you to maximise your success
- Ensure that all your posts contain rich content: Wildflowers have evolved to be rich in pollen and nectar; therefore, the bees receive a great pay-off for their visit. Make sure that your customers are rewarded by visiting your posts.
- Remember this first touchpoint will only be the beginning of your prospective customer’s journey.
- Plant a diverse mix of communications: Just as you might find a mix of plants in a wild flower meadow, it is beneficial to use a variety of communication styles on a range of platforms. Variety will ensure that your message reaches a wide audience and appeals to more than one type of viewer.
- Test different types of communication and
- Hone your most effective format over time.
- Evolve to maximise effectiveness: English bluebells have evolved to be a highly effective flower for attracting bees in early Spring.
- Find your post which is your own equivalent of a bluebell.
- Do not be afraid: If you’re feeling unsure about the value of social media posts, remember that each post has the potential to attract your first contact with a potentially valuable long-term customer.
- Nurture Each post should be selected and tended with care. Respond to any engagements with your posts as soon as is practical. The benefits of knowing how to communicate widely do not replace the need to consider effective targeting for your messages.
Communicate widely to maximise success